Privacy Notice Alpha Health Services Limited
Alpha Health Services Ltd, as both the Data Controller and Data Processor, is committed to protecting the rights of the individual and acknowledge that any personal data of yours that we handle will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and the new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018.
What Data will be collected
The following data may be collected held and shared by Alpha Health Services Ltd:
- Personal information (eg Name, Address, Date of Birth).
- Characteristics (ethnicity, gender).
- Past and present job roles.
- Health Records.
Who will it be collected from
- Human Resources.
- Group Leads.
- Occupational Health Physicians.
How will it be collected
Why is it collected
- For the purposes of preventative or occupational medicine, for the assessment of the working capacity of the employee. To ensure the health and safety of the employees at work and to allow consideration of any adjustments that may be required to support their ability to work.
- Data may also be used for research audit or statistics but will be anonymised if this is the case.
Lawful Basis for processing the information
- Lawful basis for processing this sensitive personal information is for consent.
- Additional condition – Article 9(2)(h) specifically authorises processing of data as Occupational Medicine is a special category thus “processing is necessary for the purposes of Occupational Medicine” and Article 9(3) which states that processing is permitted “when these data are processed by a regulated health professional”.
How long will data be held for
- Management referral information will be held for 6 years after the employee has left their job or 75 years of age (whichever is soonest) as recommended by the British Medical Association (BMA).
- Pre placement medicals will be discarded after 2 years if the employee does not take up the offer of the job.
- 40 years in relation to Health Surveillance as required by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
How will the data be stored
- Your records will be stored in accordance with Alpha Health Services Ltd’s medical records storage policy following GDPR regulations.
Who will my information be shared with
- We will not share information about you with third parties without your consent unless the law allows us to.
What are your rights
- You have the right to see any information we hold about you in your occupational health record. The request should be made in writing and should be responded to within 4 weeks without charge. You can also request that an amendment is attached to your health record if you believe any of the information held by Alpha health Services Ltd is inaccurate or misleading.